For Christmas this year, I made our granddaughter, Belén, a western play quilt. It became one of her favorite toys to play with and she really enjoys it.
I had several requests for a kit for the western play quilt and am pleased to announce the “Ride ‘em Cow Girl (or Cow Boy) Western Paper Doll Play Quilt” kit.
The finished play quilt is 50” x 42” with little cow boys and cow girls as the main focus on the center fabric of the quilt. They are all ready to be dressed in their western wear that is on a separate coordinated fabric. The coordinating outfits will be backed with fusible fleece (included in the kit), to help keep them in place, even when the quilt is in an upright position.
The cost for the kit is $59.00 and includes all the 100% cotton fabric for the quilt top and borders as well as the fabric for clothing and gear for the paper dolls and horses, including:
- Pattern with detailed instructions for making the play quilt and western clothing and gear for dolls and horses.
- Fabric for main focus fabric with horses, cow girls and cowboys on it.
- Blue fabric for outside border of quilt that has boots, ropes, horseshoes & cowboy gear
- Fabric for paper dolls’ western clothing and western gear
- Fusible fleece for the backing of the paper doll western clothing and gear
- I will make a custom label with your child’s name (4 lines maximum) and your own personal message that you can put on the back of your finished quilt – see sample below. The cost for the label is $10.00.
You’ll need an additional 2 ½ yards (42” fabric) or 1 ½ yards (60” fabric) for backing and 3/8 yard for binding. (Note: I used a minkee cowhide print for backing Belén’s play quilt.)
This is a fun project to make for your little cow poke. It is an easy pattern to follow and sew and does not take long to complete. Once it is finished, you’ll be amazed how well it will entertain your little buckaroo.
If you would like to order your kit today, please leave a comment to this blog post or send me an email at: [email protected].
Thank you and Happy Sewing!